The Retail Systems Awards celebrate excellence and innovation in the retail sector. This year is the 15th year of the annual Retail Systems Awards, and we were delighted to find out that Eurostop have been shortlisted for two awards – Point of Sale Technology of the year for mpos and Mobile Innovation of the Year for Myshoppr®.
The awards are judged by an extensive panel of independent experts, with winners being announced at the prestigious Retail Systems Awards Ceremony in October.
Everyone in the Eurostop teams are thrilled to be shortlisted and to be recognised for two of our exciting new products that we are proud to bring to the retail market.
Point of Sale Technology of the Year
This award selects from providers of point of sale technology that are doing something new, with judges looking for genuine innovation in this busy space.
Eurostop’s new mobile POS solution, mpos, provides in built scanning, EPOS and a range of integrated card payments on one single device, offering a flexible and durable mobile POS solution with a whole range of features that help retailers run their business in the modern arena.
Benefits of mpos
- Process sales from anywhere on the shop floor, at events, even where space is limited. The mobile POS units enable staff to take payments on demand, improving the customer journey. mpos offers retailers flexible till options, upscaling during busy periods or utilising during the challenging COVID-19 pandemic, where the mobile POS units can assist with social distancing rules so that you can service customers and reduce queues.
- Quick & reliable sales processing with a fit for purpose single device EPOS solution. It fits in the palm of your hand, is durable and does everything from slick barcode scanning to taking a choice of integrated and secure payment methods with digital receipts. With a range of connectivity options, you will truly be mobile.
- Flexible payment methods from one device – mpos supports a range of payment modes with inbuilt hardware, including contactless payments, Chip & PIN, mag stripe or mobile wallet (including Google Pay and Apple Pay). It acts as an independent POS and payment system, removing connectivity issues for both quick and reliable payment processing.
- Engage with customers and improve loyalty by managing customer discounts and promotions, upselling and enabling customers to redeem loyalty points.
- Check stock availability on the go – instore or across a retail estate. The built in scanner allows barcodes to be read quickly and efficiently while serving the customer, so that retailers never miss a sale.
- Monitor and react to how a store is performing by viewing sales reports of best sellers and top sales by day, month or week.
- Secure the POS with permissions that can be set for different job functions.
- Manage all aspects of business with synchronisation via an EPOS estate manager to a central stock inventory to ensure that all stores are streamlined with Head Office. It also enables store operations such as booking in warehouse deliveries and inter- branch transfers to be managed from the mobile unit, freeing up tillpoints for servicing customers.
- Expand internationally with multi-lingual options and deploy one easy to use solution across your global estate.
Mobile Innovation of the Year
This award recognises the best solution that enables customers to get the most out of the mobile experience, using their devices to engage with a retailer and shop whenever and wherever is convenient for them.
A personal store assistant, MyShoppr® enhances and transforms the in store shopping experience for customers. An innovative retail store app, it has been developed to merge the online shopping trend with the physical brand experience in bricks and mortar stores.
MyShoppr® acts as a digital on demand service and empowers retailers to offer a seamless and true omnichannel experience, using a consumer mobile app.
Benefits to retailers
MyShoppr® enables a retailer to provide unified commerce, combining real store with digital, designed to increase sales both online and instore:
- Never miss a sale – A busy store and staff doesn’t need to result on a lost sale. The right tool can help shoppers find the product and stock information they need and want, on demand.
- Shoppers of today are going to use their phones to make a purchase decision. By providing a dedicated app with all relevant information to hand, retailers reduce the chance that their customer will make that all important purchase at a competitor site.
- Staff can use the app themselves as a source of product and stock information, empowering retail staff with a wealth of retail information, anywhere on the shop floor.
- Engaged and loyal customers share their experience and preferences on social – one of the most powerful types of brand ambassador.
Benefits to customers
For customers MyShoppr® acts as their own personal assistant instore. It enhances the shopping experience with the latest technology, meeting the customer demand for fast, interactive and cross channel services while shopping.
The app is accessible on customer’s smartphones and harnesses digital technology in store. Using the app on their own smartphone, customers can quickly scan a barcode to:
- check stock – by providing access to live stock checks on the shop floor, on demand, there is no more waiting for an available member of staff. If a popular item has flown off the shelves in store, they can also find out themselves if it is available in their chosen colour/size in the stockroom, or alternatively online.
- buy online – if a product isn’t available in that store, they can easily find the product online and purchase and choose for their items to be delivered at home.
- share on social media –customers are often the most powerful brand ambassadors, social sharing lets customers do the talking.
- research product information – they can use the power of MyShoppr® to research and access more product information, at the right time.
- beat the queues – with scan and pay, customers can scan items on their mobile phone to speed up payment for their items at the till.
- Assist with social distancing rules, allowing customers to shop safely, while enjoying the in store retail experience.