Innovative technology designed specifically for retailers to manage in store cafés
The Customer Experience is on the rise
Winning retailers are investing in the customer experience. Despite many claiming the demise of the high street due to online competition, shoppers are still demanding the experience and services offered by physical stores.
Research from RetailEXPO claimed 73% of UK consumers would spend more time and money in stores that offer experiences, not just product.
And with 60% stating that they would visit a retailer for their cafés, bars and restaurants, not to mention in-store events such as cookery tastings, wellness classes and music events, now is the time for retailers to embrace experiential shopping.
‘Retailtainment’ is here. To stay ahead, retailers must find new ways to engage customers – while still managing stock, operations and promotions more effectively and cost-efficiently.
“An in store café can increase customer dwell time, improve loyalty and encourage repeat visits through a positive experience.”
Eurostop Café Mode – streamlining the in store café customer experience
Café Mode on Eurostop’s e-pos touch enables retailers to provide an additional dimension to their in store service, providing customers with the choice to enjoy food and drink in their in store café, using the same POS terminal to take payment for goods at the same time.
Running themed promotions and offers across the store and café can entice customers to stay longer and enhance their shopping experience.
An easy to use till system designed with the busy café in mind
The in store café POS combines all of the features of Eurostop’s stock management system and POS system with those of a condensed hospitality module. It includes:
- Quick buttons and optional colour coding on the tillpoint enabling staff to navigate the system easily and take orders as quickly as possible, minimising queuing.
- Cashiers can switch between ‘Café mode’ and standard till mode at the touch of a button, allowing them to take payment for food and drinks, or goods at the same till point.
- A Kitchen Order Management system provides separate tickets for food and beverage items sold, and notes where they originate – from the fridge, kitchen or hot drinks machine and links all orders to the appropriate table number, for efficient table service.
- An End of Life management feature prints labels to override barcodes with any discounts later in the day, as bakery and other foods near their sell by date.
- Connected retail systems enable management reports and insights on desktop, tablet and mobile for retail and café sales to be tracked at any time of the day, from any location.
Seamless customer service, accurate sales reporting and flexibility for promotions
Eurostop’s in store café POS provides retailers with an up to the minute view of sales and stock across the business, whether retail stock or café food and beverages. With the latest information, promotions or discounts can also be applied, rewarding customers for loyalty and improving waste and costs management:
- Streamlines customer experience, allowing payment for goods and drinks at café tillpoint with connected in store systems.
- Improves café efficiency and reduces waste by enabling discounts on perishable food items to be increased throughout the day.
- Enables enhanced customer promotions – coupons can be printed at the till for use with the next customer visit or purchase.
- ‘One connected retail system’ provides management reports and overview of all retail sales across business, whether café sales or store merchandise.
- Real-time reports allow managers to make adjustments with discounts or stock replenishment throughout the day to maximise turnover.
- Quick and easy to use with minimal training, helps staff to take orders quickly, so avoiding queues and providing a better customer experience.
For more information on opening an in store cafe, please contact us to speak to a retail expert and talk about our award winning cafe POS mode, or call Eurostop Sales on 0208 991 2700